Our Mission Statement at First United Methodist Church of La Grange is:
to make disciples, People who KNOW Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who GROW through study and prayer to lead a Christ-like life, and who SHOW by forming relationships that lead, teach and lovingly bring others to Christ.
2019 marks 180 years of Methodism in La Grange.
Circuit Rider Henry Stephenson reached Fayette County in 1824 and Dr. Martin Ruter came in 1837 with the dream of establishing a Methodist College in the area. IN 1839 one of Dr. Ruter’s co-workers was appointed to the Rutersville Circuit of which La Grange was one of the preaching points. The first services were held under a brush Arbors and later in people’s homes. In 1848, the Methodist purchased the old courthouse and moved it, along with its bell, to a location on South Washington St. The old bell moved with the congregation two more times before being installed in the new church which was built on Travis Street in 1883. In 1993 the bell was installed in the tower of our new facility on Von Minden St.
Meet our Staff:
Director of Children & Youth Ministries:
Director of Classical Music:
Contemporary Service Praiseband:
1215 N Von Minden St,
La Grange, TX 78945
Traditional Service: 9:00-10:00 am
Sunday School: 10:10-11:00 am
Contemporary Service: 11:10 -12:10 pm